Any more updates?

If you have problems installing or running Algodoo, have found a bug or need in-game help - this is it!

Any more updates?

Postby marc122 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:44 am

I heard that Emil has left Algodoo, so that most likely meant no more updates. Are there any further updates?
marc122

Re: Any more updates?

Postby dustville » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:02 am

i dont think so
i started playing algodoo in june 2013 and i have not seen a single update
dustville

Postby Kilinich » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:47 pm

marc122 wrote:I heard that Emil has left Algodoo, so that most likely meant no more updates. Are there any further updates?

Seems like no.
Dream of Algodoo as game development engine...
Kilinich
[Best bug reporter 2010]

Postby MrLucasManSwe » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:51 pm

Why would he leave Algodoo when it's so amazing? Some YouTube videos with Algodoo/Phun gets millions of views because of the interest from younger people. I think it's amazing what people (and myself) can create with this program. I seriously wish i was born earlier so i could follow it from the beginning!
MrLucasManSwe

Postby Kilinich » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:17 am

It's great until its free. But you need money for programmers and tech support.
The only way to improve it now is to make it open source and let users to do it.
Dream of Algodoo as game development engine...
Kilinich
[Best bug reporter 2010]

Postby electronicboy » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:18 pm

Emil actually left as he wanted to move back to around his family in Stockholm, and shamefully. The good news is, Emil wasn't the only person workng on algodoo, they did have another windows developer, and I'm pretty sure I know who the OSx developer is (and the old linux dev).

Shamefully, however, algoryx has a ton of other stuff to work on, and algodoo is pretty much at the stage where we need something to happen in the education sector for it to pick up.

And, shamefully, there is a very low chance of Algodoo becoming OSS, it includes a modified version of the Algoryx multi-physics simulation library, and well, you can imagine they don't want people getting their hands on too much information from that.
When asking for help, READ THE STICKIES!
electronicboy

Return to Help / Bug reports