Collision glitch

If you have problems installing or running Algodoo, have found a bug or need in-game help - this is it!

Collision glitch

Postby icrls984 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:15 am

I was crashing airplanes to test my new automatic anti-air cannon, when suddenly I noticed the broken airplane's parts fall down BELOW the plane that I used for the ground. :wtf: I clicked on the plane and the collision detection seemed to work again, flinging away all the airplane parts out of the the plane. I continued playing the scene, testing the cannon with the randomly flying debris generated from the airplane part getting flung out of the plane, then it happened again. I took a screenshot of a piece of debris than restarted Algodoo. When I pressed play, the debris got flung out again, like usual! :crazy:
When the bug is in effect, the ground plane's collision box (well, plane) appears to drop down, creating the illusion that another plane is below, and the ground is just part of the background.
Is this happening because of lag, or something else?

*EDIT* It seems to be triggered and aggravated by activating the cannon. Press [ENTER] in the to toggle it in the file.
Attachments
_ONEXITSAVE.phz
My save
(106.46 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
algodoo_140608_0038 glitchy plane collision.png
Picture of glitch; had to crop in order to attach
(107.76 KiB) Not downloaded yet
icrls984

Re: Collision glitch

Postby Kilinich » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:42 pm

If you shoot objects into plane with high speed it can penetrate as deep as speed/sim.freqency.
So you could lower speed or increase sim freq.
Dream of Algodoo as game development engine...
Kilinich
[Best bug reporter 2010]

Re: Collision glitch

Postby icrls984 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:59 am

I'll see if that will help.
icrls984

Return to Help / Bug reports