What program should I use to record Algodoo?

If you have problems installing or running Algodoo, have found a bug or need in-game help - this is it!

What program should I use to record Algodoo?

Postby Catseyeguy » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:52 am

Hello! I've been wondering about something. What program should I use to record Algodoo? I want to record some stuff, but I'm not sure which program to use.
Thanks for your time!
-Catseyeguy
Catseyeguy

Re: What program should I use to record Algodoo?

Postby Kilinich » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:55 pm

1) Fraps
2) Scripts, internal screenshoot, virtual dub
Dream of Algodoo as game development engine...
Kilinich
[Best bug reporter 2010]

Re: What program should I use to record Algodoo?

Postby electronicboy » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:06 pm

http://www.algodoo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=351

The first post on this topic is a starter, you can use
Code: Select all
System.regularScreenshots = 1

(disable with:
Code: Select all
System.regularScreenshots = 0

)

This will dump a screenshot into the screenshot folder in the algodoo directory, I would suggest cleaning this folder out first before using it to make it easier for you, and the tool linked in that post will join the images to create a avi file.
The above method is probably the easiest and most convenient method if you're making videos for presentations which don't need audio, otherwise you will have to find a tool to edit the audio on the image and record an audio track separately.

If you plan to add audio commentry, I would suggest getting a proper screen recording tool, such as fraps, I'm not a windows user so I can't exactly recommend a tool, however a quick google may get you somewhere, however you may need to play with the settings for the best settings for your system (some recording methods are great for most but don't work for some).
When asking for help, READ THE STICKIES!
electronicboy

Return to Help / Bug reports