Algodoo.exe has stopped working.

If you have problems installing or running Algodoo, have found a bug or need in-game help - this is it!

Algodoo.exe has stopped working.

Postby NDKilla » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:31 pm

Using Visual Studio 2012 Debugger: First-chance exception at 0x01116621 in Algodoo.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x000000F0.

If there is a handler for this exception, the program may be safely continued.

- Version of Algodoo V 2.1.0
- Your operating system (Linux, Mac, Windows, and version of these) Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, validated copy of windows
- A detailed description of the problem : I've been able to replicate this error over and over. Attaching a thruster to any item (IE, a box of any dimension) Then using the resize tool, scale the thruster so that the middle of it is off of the object it's attached to. The thruster will disappear and a second later the program crashes (or if I'm debugging it, Visual Stupid bitches at me and says an unhandled exception was throne and asks me to miraculously do this when all I have is disassembly stuff that means nothing to me)
- As much other information you can think of that can be important for understanding the problem and debugging
I think I put a pretty good description of the problem, also how I attempted to debug it, including the exception thrown by my debugger. I don't really know what else to put, ask me for any info you need.
- The last few lines from Logfile.txt:
2077 ms: GLU version: 1.2.2.0 Microsoft Corporation
2077 ms: GLU extensions: GL_EXT_bgra
2077 ms: ------------------------------------------------------
2077 ms: ------------- START OF GAME LOOP -------------
2099 ms: Failed connecting to Algodoo server
2099 ms: Testing FBO support...
2114 ms: Non-PoT FBO:s supported
2114 ms: Pre-buffering scene...
2115 ms: Allocating new texture atlas (nr 1)
2148 ms: Pre-buffering done.
2148 ms: TEX_ATLAS_Distmap: 4 MiB
2148 ms: TEX_Icon: 4.8 MiB
2148 ms: TEX_Border: 2.2 MiB
2148 ms: Total VRAM allocated: 11.2 MiB

2158 ms: Background::Init...
2159 ms: Loading images...
2164 ms: Background::Init done
2164 ms: Allocating new texture atlas (nr 1)
2594 ms: JavaScript console message: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Algodoo/html/common/translation.js:6 ReferenceError: Can't find variable: algodoo (url = file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Algodoo/html/welcome/welcome.html)

PS: I'm really curious about the debugger now, is there a symbols pack for this so I can look at the callstack or anything without viewing source code?
Attachments
Logfile.txt
The entire logfile.
(12.04 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
NDKilla

Re: Algodoo.exe has stopped working.

Postby NDKilla » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:09 pm

PS I tried to replicate the error after loading a new scene and making a box like I mentioned. This didn't crash the program. The thruster disappeared but it didn't crash. Then later (about 2 minutes or so rl time~) I tried to liquify a polygon. It crashed with the same memory access violation mumbojumbo. So apparently there has to be water on the scene also for it to crash. Really weird. Maybe theres like 5 billion problems that can all cause the same error.
NDKilla

Postby electronicboy » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:46 am

Sorry, I was in the middle of writing a reply but I ended up having to disappear.

Okay, the issue with VS debugging an application that has already crashed, is that it doesn't really give a proper data-dump that is 100 % useful, it's only a small pointer. it's the steps that lead upto the crash itself that are what developers usually add debugging messages into development builds.

And, I'm sure they don't really want to release debugging symbols, it tends to encourage tinkering with internals, which they don't really want to allow as of the current time :P

Also, there is nothing that stands out in your log file, I will pass the topic to the developer team, I'm sure they will look into the issue!
When asking for help, READ THE STICKIES!
electronicboy

Postby NDKilla » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:27 am

Alright thanks
NDKilla

Postby NDKilla » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:33 pm

Been a while.. Any news on this?
NDKilla

Postby electronicboy » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:10 pm

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply, been having network issues involving payment issues, should be resolved now, but as a result of it, I tend to miss on the time I would spend managing this site.

[12:01:26] Emanuel: The crash looks like the ones where the graphics card is doing something wrong, so he could try to update his drivers, but it could be anything.
[12:02:34] Emanuel: He should be able to send a crash report, and I could find it if he enters a name and email on the report.

I would suggest reading the advice and checking for GPU drivers, or reverting back to the drivers provided by your manufacturer.
electronicboy

Postby NDKilla » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:35 pm

Well Sheeeeeeeet. I've been using NVIDIA's new game-distribution performance thingy idk what to call it :/
Oh, the "NVIDIA GeForce Experience" it says 0 updates so o.o I don't know. According to the software I'm using the newest recommended drivers for my card.
And how does one go about submitting a crash report? o.o
NDKilla

Postby electronicboy » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:50 pm

As you have visual studio installed, visual studios debugger overrides any application debuggers, so it seams.
I'm not exactly too sure how to undo this, you'll either have to google and look into it yourself, or I'll look into it in approximatly 2 weeks when I have a proper Internet connection, sorry.
electronicboy

Postby jon_joy_1999 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:37 pm

to disable the visual studio debugger you need to launch Visual Studio with administrator privileges
on the tools menu click Options
in the options dialog box click the debugging folder
in the debugging folder select the Just-In-Time page
in the Enable Just-In-Time debugging of these types of code box clear the relevant program types
then click OK
BSrac = BoincStats recent average credit
I'd rather be network computing.
jon_joy_1999

Return to Help / Bug reports