Drawlines not appearing [2.1.0]

If you have problems installing or running Algodoo, have found a bug or need in-game help - this is it!

Drawlines not appearing [2.1.0]

Postby LunaRaven7 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:05 am

I'm having this issue where the outlines from the box, sketch, cut, gear, and drag tools simply do not appear.

For instance, when trying to draw a box, two numbers appear for the width and height of the box, but the box's outline is totally absent. When drawing gears, it just shows "External Gears = x" but there isn't the outline of the gear or anything.

My graphics drivers are totally updated, but I can't seem to find the source of the problem...

EDIT: Oh, and the grid and lasers don't appear either.
LunaRaven7

Re: Drawlines not appearing [2.1.0]

Postby electronicboy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:13 pm

Sounds like the issue is related to your graphics card.

Could you upload the log file in my documents/Algodoo?
When asking for help, READ THE STICKIES!
electronicboy

Postby LunaRaven7 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:28 pm

Every previous version of Algodoo I've ever had never had this problem for some reason...

Also, just toying around with it, I noticed that water and tracers also don't appear. (Even though the effects of water are still there, the water just isn't rendered...)
Attachments
Logfile.txt
(12.07 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
LunaRaven7

Postby electronicboy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:15 pm

Okay, analyising your log-file, I see major issues in certian shaders.

I would suggest you un-installed algodoo, and downloaded a fresh copy of the installer.
Algodoo will keep your configuration and scenes safe.

The GPU seams capable of running algodoo based upon the openGL version, however seams to have some issues, if it's not related to the files potentially being corrupt, I would suspect that GPU isn't fully implimenting the proper openGL calls, or there is a driver issue.
The Algodoo 2.1 series introduces a new advanced renderer, which is capable of better performance then the older classic system.
Algodoo /Should/ be capable of running on most GPUs from the past few years, but it seams their is a few issues, mostly manufactorer related. I will push Algoryx to look into the issue, but I can't promise much.
When asking for help, READ THE STICKIES!
electronicboy

Postby LunaRaven7 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:28 am

Turns out that I had an older version of Algodoo installed at the same time as the newer version, so after removing the old one, then reinstalling v2.1.0, everything seems to be working perfectly.

Thanks so much for your help!
LunaRaven7

Return to Help / Bug reports