Trouble with Fixes and Axles

If you have problems installing or running Algodoo, have found a bug or need in-game help - this is it!

Trouble with Fixes and Axles

Postby KytoroJ » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:17 am

So after downloading Algodoo 2.1.9, I noticed that the GUI was completely invisible. There was, however a fix posted in the FAQ. After I followed the instructions listed, however, I noticed that axles were invisible, but selectable. Fixes went into effect, however it's almost as if they weren't even there, I couldn't select them. I know one other person posted this on the forum, but there were no replies. Any help will be appreciated!
KytoroJ

Re: Trouble with Fixes and Axles

Postby Xray » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:15 pm

You can't have version 2.1.9 because the latest release is 2.1.0. If you happen to have an older version, than I suggest that you update to the latest (free) version.

Xray
Xray

Postby electronicboy » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:09 pm

Sounds like a GPU releated issue, Have you tried the usual steps of updating the drivers for your GPU, or re-installing an older version?

I have a feeling that you may be in the boat of users who have a GPU technically capable of running algodoo in the documentation, but the hardware lacks something actually inside the implimentation (like a partly implimented openGL system, that works, but not properly).

What GPU do have have on your system, you should be able to view in the device manager,

Control Panel --> (classic view/ icon view) --> Administrative tools --> Computer management --> Device manager (side tab), and list the entries in the GPU/Display sections.
When asking for help, READ THE STICKIES!
electronicboy

Postby KytoroJ » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:39 am

electronicboy wrote:Sounds like a GPU releated issue, Have you tried the usual steps of updating the drivers for your GPU, or re-installing an older version?

I have a feeling that you may be in the boat of users who have a GPU technically capable of running algodoo in the documentation, but the hardware lacks something actually inside the implimentation (like a partly implimented openGL system, that works, but not properly).

What GPU do have have on your system, you should be able to view in the device manager,

Control Panel --> (classic view/ icon view) --> Administrative tools --> Computer management --> Device manager (side tab), and list the entries in the GPU/Display sections.

Sorry for such a very late respose, I have no idea how I forgot about this post. x.x

In the Display Adapters section, (The only display section) I found ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics. When I attempted to update it, it said it was up to date.
KytoroJ

Postby jon_joy_1999 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:07 am

the Radeon HD 3200 is a low-end class-5 graphics processing unit for laptops released in 2008.
BSrac = BoincStats recent average credit
I'd rather be network computing.
jon_joy_1999

Postby electronicboy » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:10 am

You did check your drivers at the AMD website, right?
Windows device manager will not automatically update GPU hardware, Microsoft only provides generic drivers, which don't implement a lot of requirements.
When asking for help, READ THE STICKIES!
electronicboy

Postby KytoroJ » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:58 am

electronicboy wrote:You did check your drivers at the AMD website, right?
Windows device manager will not automatically update GPU hardware, Microsoft only provides generic drivers, which don't implement a lot of requirements.

After reading this, I tried to install a new driver from the website, which resulted in several blue screens, an hour and a half of troubleshooting, and me nearly slamming my fist through the monitor.

I think I'll just use the 2.0.0 downloaded to my laptop.
KytoroJ

Return to Help / Bug reports