Scrolling in script menu

If you have problems installing or running Algodoo, have found a bug or need in-game help - this is it!

Scrolling in script menu

Postby MrGlinzz » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:47 pm

Again not sure if this should go in the thyme scripting but anyways!

Simply put, is there any way to scroll down in the script menu as of the most recent algodoo

What I mean is that for long codes, that go further than the bottom of my screen, I click on to view the whole code, then to scroll down I need to drag the window... which clicks off of the menu? I can upload a simple example scene if need be :)

Thanks!
MrGlinzz

Re: Scrolling in script menu

Postby electronicboy » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:19 pm

The issue has been noted before, however, I don't think there is currently a plan to solve this issue in the next set of updates.

For now, I would suggest installing a full notepad editor (Notepad++ is my recommendation), and copy and pasting the code between the two. Although it's not exactly efficient and is a pain to do, I believe having a full notepad editor is best, especially due to special functions such as find and replace.
When asking for help, READ THE STICKIES!
electronicboy

Re: Scrolling in script menu

Postby Xray » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:07 pm

Electronicboy is correct. Using a text editor such as Notepad++ (the one that I use) is the best way to edit large script files. Having said that, there is a simple workaround that I have used since I encountered this problem many months ago: CHECK THIS OUT.
Xray

Return to Help / Bug reports