ice bug?

If you have problems installing or running Algodoo, have found a bug or need in-game help - this is it!

ice bug?

Postby icrls984 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:26 pm

when I freeze water with an object like a box, for example, you cannot drag it anymore! tested on algodoo v2.1.0.
icrls984

Re: ice bug?

Postby Xray » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:00 am

First off, you do not freeze water with an object. You freeze water by selecting the body of water that you want to freeze and then click on the FREEZE option in the water menu. I tried it myself, and found that I was not able to move the water drops with the Drag Tool when the scene was running, but I was able to move them with the Move Tool. This suggests to me that the frozen water is glued to the background. There doesn't appear to be any way of ungluing from the background, but maybe someone else who knows more about this issue could chime in with more information.
Xray

Postby icrls984 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:24 am

Xray wrote:First off, you do not freeze water with an object.
no, the water is touching the object when it freezes.
Xray wrote: I tried it myself, and found that I was not able to move the water drops with the Drag Tool when the scene was running, but I was able to move them with the Move Tool. This suggests to me that the frozen water is glued to the background.
the object in the frozen water gets glued too, that what I was trying to say.
icrls984

Postby Xray » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:31 am

UPDATE - I did more experimenting with this issue and here is what I found:

I create a new default scene. I then put a circle anywhere above the ground plane. While the sim is not running, I liquefy the circle, and then I immediately freeze it. I then start the sim. The frozen ball of water falls to the ground, and I am able to move it around with the drag tool. BUT, if I do it differently by FIRST starting the sim, and then create a circle, then liquefy it, then freeze it. In that case the frozen water appears to be glued to the background, and will not be able to be moved with the drag tool. Therefore it seems to depend on if the sim was running or not when the water was frozen. :o
Xray

Postby icrls984 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:20 am

Yes, it does seem to depend on the sim running
icrls984

Return to Help / Bug reports