Thruster bug

If you have problems installing or running Algodoo, have found a bug or need in-game help - this is it!

Thruster bug

Postby Sonic » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:40 am

A rather minor bug I discovered is if you place a thruster on an object, then, while the sim is running, use the rotate tool to rotate the thruster, the thruster will freeze in place but the object will continue to move. You can even rotate the thruster to rotate the object.
I do stuff and break things. You know how it is.
Sonic

Re: Thruster bug

Postby Xray » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:12 am

I tried, but was not able to duplicate your issue. Could you please attach a copy of your scene to this forum thread so that myself and others could possibly duplicate what you are seeing?

EDIT - After playing around with it some more, I WAS able to duplicate this! In my test, I stuck a thruster onto a rectangular box, started the scene, applied thrust until the box began to move, and then I attempted to rotate the thruster with the Rotate Tool. The thruster became detached from the box, and while I was still holding the left mouse button, I was able to steer the box around while the thruster was being held in one spot. As soon as I released the left mouse button, the thruster disappeared because it was no longer attached to an object.

Apparently, even when the thruster pulls off the object that it was attached to, it remains invisibly attached to it. I don't know if this was intended or not. Anyways, I believe that rotating a thruster with the rotate tool while the scene is running is not something that you normally would do. The rotate tool should only be used while you are editing the scene and the sim is not running. Thrusters are typically rotated with a hinge (axel) controlled via keyboard keys while the sim is running.
Xray

Postby Sonic » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:24 am

Xray wrote:Anyways, I believe that rotating a thruster with the rotate tool while the scene is running is not something that you normally would do. The rotate tool should only be used while you are editing the scene and the sim is not running.

Speak for yourself man.
I do stuff and break things. You know how it is.
Sonic

Postby Xray » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:27 am

Sonic wrote:Speak for yourself man.

Just saying how it's typically used. I'm not suggesting that it's the ONLY way to use it. Do what works best for you man.
Xray

Return to Help / Bug reports