First Time Running Algodoo

If you have problems installing or running Algodoo, have found a bug or need in-game help - this is it!

First Time Running Algodoo

Postby heybye44 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:53 pm

My computer is rather old:
Windows XP
Intel Express Family Chipset (i think its a G45)
502 MB RAM
I've run Algodoo Trial version before, there were no problems, now when I open Algodoo, it says the graphics card does not support shader. My graphics card has Shader 1.0. The trial version just launched with shader disabled. I searched the FAQ and it said to go into options on Algodoo and dis-enable anti aliasing by shader, but Algodoo doesn't open AT ALL! It gives me the error message and closes out. Any help/suggestions, Thank You.
Attachments
Logfile.txt
(4.46 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
heybye44

Re: First Time Running Algodoo

Postby electronicboy » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:36 pm

Algodoo uses openGL, and as a result, requires atleast openGL 2.1 to run.
Best chance you have of running Algodoo with that GPU, is to try update the drivers from the Intel website.

Otherwise, you will need to purchase a graphics card which supports openGL 2.1, however, openGL 4.0 is recommended due to minor rendering issues, which, however, doesn't affect gameplay.
When asking for help, READ THE STICKIES!
electronicboy

Postby heybye44 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:59 pm

I've run Algodoo Play before, and was able to go in-game after the same message came and it turned off shader, this time however the message comes and Algodoo closes. NOTHING happens afterwards, I already tried to update the driver, it said that my system does not support this. Is there ANY possible way to TURN OFF shader outside of the game, like a code in the config file or something. If the code to put in the config, what is it?
heybye44

Postby electronicboy » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:32 am

Sorry, The Algodoo 2.1 requires openGL shaders, versions prior to the Algodoo 2.1 releases will work fine without shaders, however, are no longer supported.
When asking for help, READ THE STICKIES!
electronicboy

Return to Help / Bug reports