Help ME Help

If you have problems installing or running Algodoo, have found a bug or need in-game help - this is it!

Help ME Help

Postby josh1st » Sat May 11, 2013 6:42 pm

P.S. i have never used this before because of this error :(
I Have windos 7
When i start algodoo it says this sytem does not suport shaders

i dont know what to do Help me
josh1st

Re: Help ME Help

Postby electronicboy » Sat May 11, 2013 7:13 pm

What GPU do you have installed in the system?

It is possible that your graphics card doesn't support OpenGL shaders (OpenGL 2.0 Minimum if I remember correctly), and thus will not run algodoo.

Otherwise, attempt to update the drivers of your GPU.

Otherwise, you will need to upgrade your PC with a new GPU (appx £30 for a budget GPU).
When asking for help, READ THE STICKIES!
electronicboy

Postby josh1st » Sat May 11, 2013 7:50 pm

ill try that after i find out what a gpu is and what would be that in americain money $???.???
josh1st

Postby electronicboy » Sat May 11, 2013 9:40 pm

a GPU is the processor that is used to display images and text upon your screen.

Open Control panel, (small icon view) --> Admin tools --> Computer Management
Open the "Device Manager" from the side-panel.

open the header "Display Adaptors", in theory, that should tell you what GPU you have install in your system (or at least a generic name of it).

And, I've just took a quick look on best-buy, and the same card I have right now is there for $32, which is the
"ATI Radeon HD 5450", not exactly a great card for gaming, but it gets the job done rather well with algodoo.
I bought the card a few year ago on a small sale, and by now, i reckon you might be able to pick something of better spec for not much more cost.

If you have a desktop PC, the upgrade is possible, however if you're on a laptop, an upgrade is usually impossible.
When asking for help, READ THE STICKIES!
electronicboy

Return to Help / Bug reports