Silent Installation

If you have problems installing or running Algodoo, have found a bug or need in-game help - this is it!

Silent Installation

Postby ctmal » Wed May 08, 2013 3:38 pm

We would like to install Algodoo using System Center in our school district. Is there an msi installer for it or does the .exe file have any command line switches to do a silent install?
ctmal

Re: Silent Installation

Postby Emanuel » Mon May 13, 2013 8:31 am

Hi,

Put this in Install_Algodoo.bat:
Code: Select all
@ECHO OFF
Algodoo_2_1_0-Win32.exe /verysilent /nocancel /norestart

Then you can run Install_Algodoo.bat on every computer, or just run the installer with the arguments:
Code: Select all
Algodoo_2_1_0-Win32.exe /verysilent /nocancel /norestart

/ Emanuel
Algodoo Developer
Emanuel

Postby swillett » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:12 am

Is there an .msi option for Windows too? .msi files also allow you to publish software to users and install software on demand even though they aren't administrators via group policy (I know that SCCM has more options).
swillett

Postby electronicboy » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:51 am

I'm only a community admin, and I don't really get half the story off algoryx at the moment, but I will pass the message onto the team and ask about an Microsoft installer file, I know there isn't one at the moment, but I know they did used to use the msi format, so they may still have the tools to release one, I or someone from algoryx will reply if more light is shone upon this, which they usually do end up replying when they have a moment!
When asking for help, READ THE STICKIES!
electronicboy

Postby Emanuel » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:36 am

There is unfortunately not a .msi-file available, but multiple school has successfully used the method above to push out Algodoo to all their computers. However, I am not sure if they used group policy.

/ Emanuel
Algodoo Developer
Emanuel

Return to Help / Bug reports