Grid size doesn't agree with 1 meter indicator

If you have problems installing or running Algodoo, have found a bug or need in-game help - this is it!

Grid size doesn't agree with 1 meter indicator

Postby suncitydave » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:20 pm

I created boxes that were 1 meter by 1 meter. But they are about 80%? the size of the 1 meter indicator at the bottom right of the screen. Why is that? Thanks for your help. Newbie Dave
suncitydave

Re: Grid size doesn't agree with 1 meter indicator

Postby Ken3344 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:48 am

I'm not sure if I follow, can you show a picture to follow up? Thanks.
Hello my name is Kenlimepie. I'm an Algodoo Enthusiast, and Marble Racer. I run a Youtube channel which is about Algodoo Marble Racing, but I am not afraid to design new ideas in this program. https://www.youtube.com/c/kenlimepie
Ken3344

Postby suncitydave » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:24 pm

Ken, I couldn't figure out how to get an image into this response so I created a webpage at http://www.suncitydave.org/algodoo.htm for you with the image. The upper box was drawn free hand. The lower box used the grid facility. Note that they do not agree with the 1 meter length indicator bar.

AND What is the program of choice by Algodoo users to get an Algodoo scene into a video format like, for example, a .wav file?

Thanks very much for your help, Dave
suncitydave

Postby FRA32 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:40 pm

Right click the Grid icon at the bottom of the scene. There you should find a slider labeled "Number of segments" or similar. Make sure it is set to 2, otherwise the distance between 2 grid lines will not equal the indicator length.
FRA32

Return to Help / Bug reports